Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Digital Divide
I think it is very hard for people to understand that digital divide is going to always be an issue. We are never going to be an equal opportunity country. We will not ever be able to have equal education in any region, therefore it will always be hard to help all children grow up technologically driven. I know a lot of people think it is so important to make sure all students our technology literate, but how about we focus first on students being able to sleep in a bed at night and having a warm meal on the table. I think it is almost disgusting that we are worrying about Egypt getting rid of their digital divide, well what about the Congo where children are being ripped from their homes at nights, and women are being raped? Why is that not a bigger focus? Instead of funding computers for people who don't know how to use them. Why aren't we funding bigger more disheartening social issues? I understand that technology will always be a part of many people's lives, but I think that there are a lot more serious issues that some families need to focus on. Not if they are going to be able to blog about their day on whether they were able to make rent or not...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment